INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION WELCOME-LOGO
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION WELCOME-LOGO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[U]nderworld [G]aming [N]etwork

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Calling For Kua Brian If you are here
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:54 am by allan

» B-day coming!?
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 am by xsinx

» about server
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:27 am by xsinx

» dicussion for band
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:21 am by Diculous

» STATS AUTO CLICKER
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:16 am by -*Tr[!]cK*-

» [Question] Why I Can`t Log In
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:45 pm by Diculous

» [Question] For This Server
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 am by -*Tr[!]cK*-

» [color=red]donate[/color]
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm by -*Tr[!]cK*-

» Full Manual Patch
INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm by Diculous

INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-*Tr[!]cK*-
Head Game Master
-*Tr[!]cK*-

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-11-08

INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION Empty
PostSubject: INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION   INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 am

first and foremost, accelerating your PC requires both hardware and software modifications. in short, mas maganda PC mo at softwares mo, mas maganda itatakbo ng PC mo.

here are practical and easy ways how to speed up your Internet connection without the
use of web accelerators, and is geared towards Windows and Internet
Explorer.

BTW, i know alam nyo na to, but still its a good lesson for all (and since wala pa ako nababasa sa forums d2 sa ranug.)

ok, game.

1. Upgrade your computer. If your computer is slow, it doesn't matter how fast your Internet connection is, the whole thing will just seem slow. You can only access the Internet as fast as your PC will allow you to.

2. Do some basic maintenance on your PC. Run Disk Defrag, a scan disk, a
virus scan, a malware scan, and clear your recycle bin. An unusually
slow Internet connection experience is often the only sign that your
computer is infected with viruses or other malware. Delete old files
and temporary files. Never allow the free space on your C: drive to be
less than 10% of the total size or twice the installed RAM (which ever
is larger). A well maintained PC will operate much better than a PC
that has never had any maintenance.

3. Reset Your Home Network. Sometimes restarting your home network if you have one will drastically increase the speed of your connection. parang sa computer na bumabagal? ano ginagawa mo pag mabagal na PC?

4. Optimize your cache or temporary Internet files. These files improve your Internet connection performance by not downloading the same file over and over. When a web site puts their logo graphic on every page your computer only downloads it when it changes. If you delete the temporary files it must be downloaded again. if you disable the cache, it must be downloaded every time you view a page that uses it. This can be done by opening Internet Explorer, clicking on "Tools" at the top and choosing "Internet Options". On the General tab, click the "Settings" button next to Temporary Internet Files. Set Check for newer versions to "Automatically". Set amount of disk space to use to 2% of your total disk size or 512 MB, which ever is smaller. On Firefox, click "Tools" then "Options," and go to the privacy tab. Then click on the Cache tab within this

5. Never bypass your router. Most routers include a firewall that is very difficult for hackers to defeat. If you don't need to use Wireless then hook your computer directly to your router. Routers will only slow down your connection by a few Milli-seconds. You won't notice the difference but the hackers will.

6. and last, Often your connection speed is slow because other programs are using it. To test if other programs are accessing the Internet without your knowing, Click Start, Click Run. Type "cmd" (without quotes). Type "netstat -b 5 > activity.txt". After a minute or so, hold down Ctrl and press C. This has created a file with a list of all programs using your Internet connection. Type activity.txt to open the file and view the program list. Ctrl Alt Delete and open up the Task Manager. Go to the process menu and delete those processes that are stealing your valuable bandwidth. (NOTE: Deleting processes may cause certain programs to not function properly)

7. Always make two partitions in your hard drive. Install all large Softwares (like games, Photoshop, 3DS Max etc) in the second partition. Windows uses all the available empty space in C drive as virtual memory when your Computer RAM is full. Keep the C Drive as empty as possible.

8. Let your PC boot up completely before opening any applications (para angallocation ng ram is concentrated sa total boot up and no to cause delays). and refresh the desktop after closing any application. (This will remove any unused files from the RAM)

9. Do not set very large file size images as your wallpaper (or better yet, do not place anything in the desktop at all). might as well remove your wallpaper if your PC is low on RAM (less than 64 MB)

10. Do not clutter your Desktop with a lot of shortcuts. Each shortcut on the desktop uses up to 500 bytes of RAM so mas maganda, frequently used items lang tlga will be placed in your desktop.

11. When installing new Softwares disable the option of having a tray icon. The tray icons use up available RAM, and also slow down the booting of your PC. Also disable the option of starting the application automatically when the PC boots. You can disable these options later on also from the Tools or preferences menu in your application.

12. Probably pinaka importante sa lahat, keep your computer clean. Protect your PC from dust. Dust causes the CPU cooling fan to jam and slow down thereby gradually heating your CPU and affecting the processing speed. Use compressed air to blow out any dust from the CPU (or sa gawaing pinoy, blow the candle. just make sure no saliva will come with what u blow).

points to ponder. before you demand for a faster internet, check niyo muna full specifications ng PC mo. and also, even an old PC or laptop can still perform like new if well maintained. buy a good antivirus (kahit mahal) because viruses will slow not only your PC but also your internet connection (some viruses utilizes the internet to either download or upload).

after doing all these... then try to consider finding good systems enhancers or accelerators for your PC.

i will constantly be editing this post if i come across new tips. (busy lang kasi kaya hnd ko pa macheck if and2 na lahat)

hope this helps.

Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

INTERNET and PC OPTIMIZATION
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pc Tips and Tricks-
Jump to: